The meeting today was packed with lots of information and inspiration. President Kevin Davis started with some fun-filled facts and figures about what happened “On This Day”. Matt Tipton, a litigator with Stachler Harmon was our guest, and introduced himself, discussing his career and active role during free time as a soccer coach.
Our guest speaker, Ben Huffman from Warren County Convention and Visitor’s Bureau gave an informative presentation on “Warren County, Ohio’s largest playground“. Some interesting facts included:
- Tourism is now Warren County’s largest industry, surpassing agriculture.
- The Warren County Convention and Visitor’s Bureau was awarded the 2015 National Sports Organization of the Year award.
- King’s Island generates the majority of sports tourism dollars to Warren County.
- In 2009 the Convention and Visitor’s Bureau started creating events, mostly baseball, which now contribute $42 million dollars to the county’s economy.
- Development of a $10 million dollar sports complex in Warren County will begin next year, off State Rte. 741 across from Armco Park.
Finally, Bob Westerfield gave a few inspiring words on The Thirst Project, an organization building water projects worldwide. Bob was recently recognized as Volunteer of the Year by The Thirst Project due to his tremendous fundraising efforts for this organization. He also accepted a check for $1,000 as a donation from the Rotary Club of Springboro.